Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dreams to dust

A Dream steps across the golden threshold
And comes alive with a life of its own,
Decked up in a silken brocade of blue and gold
It beckons me to be hers alone.

Visions of a promised land dissolve
Like a wispy mist on a warm March day,
In its place lies a former resolve
Broken, bruised and scattered in a million ways.

Dreams lie in ruins hope gives way to sorrow
I look at the wreckage that lies around me,
This was supposed to be a better tomorrow
But all that remains are memories that won’t let me be.

At nights voices echo through my head
Keeping me awake till the wee morning hours,
Unborn dreams I left for dead
Rain upon me like a wild monsoon shower.

Staring languidly at the warm colours of dawn
A faint ray of hope shines through the dark clouds,
Visions of a promised land are reborn,
Materialize before my eyes, I shout in joy aloud.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anil said...

A minor stylistic suggestion...I think the second line in the second stanza sounds better without the indefinite article before 'wispy mist', "Like wispy mist on a warm March day".

Another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't mist usually form on a cold day rather than on a warm day?

1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home