Saturday, October 07, 2006

A New Beginning

A new beginning is as fraught as an old memory.
As yesterday's dreams slip through my fingers like fine dust
I look at my disjointed self in the cracked mirror,
and see a thousand I's staring back in stoic silence.

I left my past life in the city(ies) I abandoned,
with its fine texture and exquisite folds unravelling in my wake.
Its not what I wanted, but sometimes words become pointed arrows
that pierce the heart and spread the venom slowly, surely

Words once spoken cannot be unsaid.
Pain once inflicted cannot be undone.
As I wander the run down streets of my latest city
in search of myself, I look at the brown-eyed children
playing in the slush-filled streets
The sunlight comes down in feeble gasps
as the dark clouds chase the sun in a cosmic game of hide and seek
and prepare to rain down their offerings on the disconsolate city.

The first droplet is ecstacy, second glory and third is release.
It falls on my hair, slides down my ears and streams down my eyes
I say nothing, know nothing, think nothing,
A new beginning...as delicate as an old dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home